Return to Headlines
Counseling Department - Community Chat
- We are happy to announce that we have partnered with both Excel Edge and ZAPS to offer two different SAT preparation opportunities for students during second semester. More information including registration, application, and fees can be found on our web page. These programs are focused for junior students in anticipation of the April SAT test.
- For Juniors interested in taking the ACT, West Chicago Community High School will be a testing center for the April 8 national ACT exam. Juniors should register at www.act.org by March 3 in order to take the ACT on April 8.
- The FAFSA is open! Seniors should apply NOW in order to have the best opportunity to qualify for grants and other financial aid. Go to www.FAFSA.gov to start your application today. It is also a great time to complete scholarship applications. Start here!
- Counselors are currently in the process of 4 year planning with all students and assisting students in selecting appropriate coursework for the 2017-2018 school year. Junior and sophomore students have already completed these meetings. Course selections for these two groups will be sent home to parents in early January for review, with any changes due back prior to February 8, 2017. Freshmen and 8th grade students will complete course selection in the upcoming weeks. After that, parents will also have an opportunity to review selections and make any changes prior to February 28, 2017.
- Junior students and parents… Mark your calendars for Junior Parent Night on Feb. 28, 2017
- With semester 2 upon us, please keep in mind that student schedules for second semester have been finalized. Students had an opportunity to make any changes earlier in the school year, and at this point will remain in the courses they have chosen. Our focus is now on having a great start to the second semester and starting out all classes with a positive attitude and dedication to doing the very best.