Emergency School Closing Information
In the event of inclement weather, power outage, or other emergency, school closing information can be obtained in the following ways:
- A phone call will be sent out via our SchoolMessenger automated calling system to all parent, student and staff member phone numbers on file. Visit the registration section in your PowerSchool account to update your information.
- An email message will be sent out via SchoolMessenger to all parents and staff member email addresses on file. Visit the registration section in your PowerSchool account to update your information.
- Visit the District's webpage at www.d94.org. If school is to be closed, a message will appear in the center News section of the home page.
- Visit the Emergency Closing Center at www.emergencyclosingcenter.com. If school is to be closed, the school's administration will update school closing information on the web at the emergencyclosings.com website. Community High School is listed as: DIST#94.
- Listen to one of the following radio or television stations:
E-Learning Day InformationWest Chicago Community High School first participated in the State's e-Learning Pilot beginning in 2016.A maximum of 5 days can be run as e-learning days per year, if needed. We believe that an e-learning day is a better option than adding a day at the end of the year. Traditional snow days become lost educational time for our seniors who don't return after graduation, for our AP students who still have to take their exams on the nationally set test days, and all students who participate in statewide assessments which include college entrance exams. More importantly, for all students, we believe that e-learning days reinforce the fact that teaching and learning are not confined to 50 minute class periods or physical classrooms.If we call an e-learning day, the announcement will come by 8:00 p.m. of the night before via our automated calling system, email, and text message. We will also post a notice on the home page of our website at www.d94.org. This is intended to allow teachers time to create lessons and expectations for their students. Those expectations will be shared with students via their District email by 9:00 a.m. on the morning of the e-learning day.If we need to cancel school for any reason after 8:00 p.m. of the prior night, or if the emergency does not allow sufficient time to inform students to bring their Chromebooks home, we can still use a traditional snow day and add the day at the end of the year as necessary.