Optional Chromebook Insurance Policy
Insurance coverage of the Chromebook can be purchased through the District. Purchase of the District’s Chromebook Insurance policy can only occur at the time the Chromebook is issued to the student.
Cost of the District Chromebook Insurance Policy is $30 per Chromebook.
The term of the insurance policy begins on the first day of student attendance and is in effect through the day prior to the start of the next academic year.
The insurance policy is non-transferrable
The deductible amount is $30. Upon reaching the $30 deductible amount, the maximum cumulative coverage for repairs is $350.
Once the maximum cumulative coverage amount of $350 has been met, the student and parent assume full responsibility for all repair and replacement costs.
If a single repair cost exceeds $350, a new Chromebook will be issued to the student and the student will be charged $350.
In the event that a Chromebook needs to be replaced (lost, stolen, major repair), the student will receive the current freshman Chromebook model which is currently an Acer Spin 11 (R751T). The price for the current freshman Chromebook is $350.
The following are costs for repairs to the Acer C720/C740 Chromebooks:
1. Screen = $55.002. Hard Drive = $35.003. Motherboard = $180.00
(As of 10/4/2018, C720 motherboard prices may vary when remanufactured parts are used)
4. Keyboard/Touchpad = $25.00
5. Front Cover= $10.006. Back Cover = $5.007. Screen Bezel = $5.00
8. Webcam = $10.009. Power:a. Power Cable = $5.00b. Power Supply= $10.0010. Battery = $35.0011. Screen Connector Cable = $5.00
The following are costs for repairs to the Acer R751T Chromebook:
1. Screen = $160.002. Hard Drive = $35.003. Keyboard Assembly = $20.00
4. Touchpad = $8
5. Front Cover= $10.006. Back Cover = $5.00
7. Webcam = $10.008. Power:a. Power Cable = $5.00b. Power Supply= $10.009. Battery = $40.0010. Screen Connector Cable = $5.0011. Motherboard = $210.00