Distinguished Alumni Award
A project of the Community High School District 94 Educational Foundation.The purpose of the Distinguished Alumni Program is to recognize West Chicago Community High School graduates whose accomplishments serve as an inspiration for others to dream and achieve.A nominee must:
- Be a graduate of Community High School District 94 at least 10 years prior to nomination;
- Be distinguished by accomplishments in academics, the arts, athletics, business, community service, the environment, human rights, justice, medicine, research, or science that inspire others to dream and achieve;
- Demonstrate a strength of character and service to humanity that goes beyond the boundary of career;
- Be available by phone, email, or in-person for interview by the Selection Committee;
- Submit a current photo;
- Attend the Distinguished Alumni Award Ceremony and interact with CHS students in a class forum, seminar, or assembly.
Nominations may be submitted between February 1 and May 1, 2018:
- Online at https://goo.gl/forms/i5mDhkfo06tzfoiZ2
- Via U.S. mail or email (include Nomination Form and a (maximum of) 500 word statement describing how the nominee meets the established criteria) to:
Dr. Douglas Domeracki, Superintendent email@example.comCommunity High School District 94
157 W. Washington Street, West Chicago, IL 60185Nominations must fulfill the established criteria. Incomplete forms will not be considered.Questions? Contact Sherry Bowne at (630) 890-9716Previous Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award winners are:
2008 Kirk Johnson Class of 1998 Human Rights Founded non-profit The List Project to relocate Iraqi War translators and their families. 2009 Pam Kuhl Davis Class of 1967 Justice Initiated FBI investigation into Gov. Rod Blagojevich corruption scandal, CEO Edward Hospital. 2010 Michael Lach Class of 1986 Education Founding member of Teach for America and official in U.S. Dept. of Education Race to the Top initiative. 2010 Tom Marziani Class of 1943 Entrepreneurship Lifetime devotion to economic and community development of West Chicago. 2011 Butch Hansen Class of 1955 Education Lifetime personal and professional commitment to CHS students and staff. 2011 Scott Dierking Class of 1973 Athletics Brought national acclaim to CHS as a running back for Purdue University and the New York Jets. 2014 Beth Barrett Class of 1986 Visual Arts Building bridges of cultural tolerance and understanding through international film. 2015 Ray Stejskal Class of 1982 Community Service Uses his celebrity status as Ramblin' Ray Stevens on country radio US 99.5 to serve on not-for-profit boards of trustees and raise money for charities. 2016 Chris Voelz Class of 1966 Athletics Co-authored the NCAA Guidelines for Gender Equity in Intercollegiate Athletics in 1992, rose to leadership positions at the university level, and was named one of the most influential people in sports in the nation by Sports Fitness Magazine.