Student Parking Information
West Chicago Community High School provides bus transportation to all students who live 1.5 miles or more from the school. Students are discouraged from driving private cars to school. However, in the interest of safety and in order to make the best use of the limited parking facilities available, West Chicago Community High School will issue parking permits on a first come basis.If a student qualifies, before a permit will be issued, the student must return the Parking Permit Request with his/her signature and that of his/her parent to the Support Services Administrative Assistant at Entrance H with payment of $200.00 for the year. The student must submit the Parking Permit Request to the Deans’ Office and provide a COPY of his/her current insurance card and driver’s license after payment has been made. If any of the information provided by the student changes, he/she must notify the Deans’ Office immediately. The signatures indicate that the student and the parent understand and agree that the student accepts responsibility for abiding by the following rules.VIOLATION OF ANY OF THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN THE LOSS OF PARKING PRIVILEGES AT THE SCHOOL WITHOUT REFUND AND/OR MAY PROMPT DISCIPLINARY SANCTIONS.
- Obey all rules of safe driving.
- No smoking in your car while it is on school property, (i.e., parking lots, driveways).
- Attend ALL classes, everyday, unless excused. Truancy will result in losing your parking privilege.
- Do not leave the school grounds until your scheduled dismissal time.
- Do not transport other students off school grounds during the school day, (i.e., lunch hours).
- THE ISSUED HANGER IS FOR YOUR CAR AND YOUR CAR ONLY. DO NOT LEND YOUR HANGER TO ANYONE. HANGERS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE.
- Students are to park in their ASSIGNED LOTS ONLY.
- If the lot is full, notify the Deans’ Office at once. Do not park in a different lot.
- ANY PERMIT THAT IS LOST WILL NOT BE REPLACED AND COULD RESULT IN THE LOSS OF PARKING PRIVILEGES.
- Any vehicle parked on school premises is subject to search by school/police personnel.
- The district does not provide supervision of student parking lots. District 94 accepts no liability for damages to or theft from student vehicles. Do not leave valuables in vehicles parked in school lots.
- If for any reason you need to drive a car other than the one you have been permitted, it is your responsibility to report to the Deans’ Office upon your arrival. Students may not loiter in the parking lots or autos at any time.
Safe operation of a vehicle is expected. Students who do not adhere to the regulations may face disciplinary action. *For your safety, keep your car locked at all times.Student parking will be located in the following places:
Staff parking will be located in the following places:
- West Side Lot
- Geneva Street Lot
- Joliet Street
- North Pool Lot
- South Lot (which extends to the maintenance garage)
- Ann Street Lot
- Pool Lot (East)
- Wood Street Lot (Northwest – next to the Tennis Courts)
STUDENTS WHO PARK IN UNAUTHORIZED PARKING WILL BE TICKETED AND/OR TOWED.
USE OF CELL PHONE IN DESIGNATED SCHOOL ZONE IS UNLAWFUL.